Cloud9 in the Press
Below a selection of recent press coverage for Cloud9.
16 dec 2014
2015 Dr. Dobbs Jolt Award for the Best Coding Tool
We view Cloud9 as an important portend and the first truly usable multi-language cloud-based IDE. It makes a dream come true: Develop Web applications from any modern Web browser. The simplicity and speed to access all the tools you need to develop Web applications while utilizing collaboration tools in the cloud entitles Cloud9 IDE to the 2015 Jolt Award for the best coding tool.
04 nov 2014
Cloud9 raises new funding because your web development really belongs in the cloud
With the web development gold rush still underway, it’s no surprise that companies building developer tools are raking it in.
Cloud9, a startup building an online web development environment, just announced that it has raised an undisclosed amount of new funding from Balderton Capital. This is Cloud9’s second institutional round.
01 sep 2012
Solving The Developer Deficit In The Cloud
Guest post on TechCrunch
Software is taking over the world. This sentiment has become widely accepted throughout the tech community, most notably examined in depth by Marc Andreessen last year. However, as software continues to infiltrate nearly every industry, there’s a serious consequence taking shape. The demand for development continues to grow exponentially, but the amount of qualified developers that are available to produce this commodity is not. Simply put, the world is running out of developers.
16 aug 2012
BeagleBoard BeagleBone Review
The BeagleBone enters a market of low-priced, easily hackable computers. Similar to the Android 4.0 Mini PC and Raspberry Pi, the BeagleBone puts computing into the palm of the hand, making hacking and programming accessible and portable. This computer-on-a-board is slightly larger than a credit card, costs only $89 and is already powering larger devices on the market today. Does this device make computer programming and projects easily accessible?
A selection of the press attention we've received in the past years:
- [Sprout] (Dutch) De cloud wordt onmisbaar
- [PC INpact] (French) L'IDE en ligne Cloud9 se réinvente
- [Bloomberg Businessweek] Some Cloud Technologies Are Ready for Commercialization
- [MT] (Dutch) Cloud9 IDE is klaar
- [RMN] Do You Want to Enjoy Cloud Anytime, Anywhere?
- [The Next Web] Cloud9 IDE Launches New Tools for Easier Development in the Cloud
- [Financieel Dagblad] (Dutch) Facebook-geldschieter parachuteert Delftse drop-outs in San Francisco
- [Locker Gnome] Tasks You Should Be Doing on the Cloud (And Why)
- [RedDevNews] Microsoft Promotes Windows Azure and Cloud9 at Node Summit
- [Talkin' Cloud] Cloud9 IDE Now Supporting Windows Azure for Node.js Apps
- [Ars Technica] Cloud9 launches documentation site to support growing Node.js community
- [SYS-CON] Cloud9 IDE and Joyent: Defining the Future of Cloud Computing
- [ReadWriteWeb] Cloud9's Web-Based Real-Time Collaborative Programming
- [StartUp Beat] Q&A with Cloud9 co-founder and CEO Ruben Daniels
- [SYS-CON] One-Stop Cloud Development and Deployment with Cloud9 IDE on Joyent
- [The Register] Interwebs IDE hits the mother Node
- [Sprout] (Dutch) We stonden stijf van de adrenaline
- [ZDNet] Atlassian buys its way into Cloud9
- [Delimiter] Atlassian invests in Dutch SaaS firm
- [Tech Republic] Move code to the cloud with Cloud9
- [eweek] Cloud9 IDE Supports Client-Side API on Google Chrome
- [PCWorld] 5 New Ways to Build Apps for iPhone, Android and Web Browsers